By Steve Wittich
Good morning from St. Petersburg, where the first official on-track activity for the 2020 Road To Indy Presented by Cooper Tires season will get underway.
Here is Friday’s schedule:
|8am – 8:30am||USF2000 Practice #1|
|8:45am – 9:15am||Indy Pro 2000 Practice #1|
|9am – 10am||Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge USA – Practice #1|
|10:15 am – 11am||Indy Lights Practice #1|
|11:15am – 11:45am||Pirelli GT4 America Practice #1|
|Noon – 12:30pm||TC America Practice #1|
|12:45pm – 1:10pm||USF2000 Qualifying #1|
|1:25pm – 1:50pm||Indy Pro 2000 Qualifying #1|
|2:05pm – 2:50pm||Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge USA – Practice #2|
|3:05pm – 3:35pm||Pirelli GT4 America Practice #2|
|3:50pm – 4:20pm||TC America Practice #2|
|4:35pm – 4:50pm||Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge USA – Qualifying|
|5:05pm- 5:45pm||USF2000 Race #1|
|6pm – 6:40pm||Indy Pro 2000 Race #1|
Access to the track, understandably, is tightly controlled. There is only one access point, and it is only open between 6 am, and 8 am.
Also tightly controlled is the number of crew/personal being allowed in. For the USF2000 and Indy Pro 2000 series, only ten people per car are allowed. The Indy Lights teams are each entitled to have a dozen people enter the track.
The Road To Indy Presented by Cooper Tires will share the track today with the Pirelli GT4 America, TC America, and Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge Series.
The NTT INDYCAR SERIES and teams will not be at the track today.
There was one late addition to the USF2000 field. Jordan Missig, from Channahon, Ill. will be piloting the No. 38 for Newman Wachs Racing. Missig won nine-times on the way to a second-place finish in the 2019 Radical Cup North America Series
I’ll be back with more after the first session.
Don’t miss any of the Road To Indy Presented by Cooper Tires action:
- download the Road To Indy TV app from the Apple App Store or on Google Play to get video, audio, timing & scoring, news from TSO Ladder and much more – you can also get Road To Indy TV via Apple TV, Amazon Video, Roku or Microsoft Xbox One
- IndyCar Radio will have all of your Indy Lights action at IndyCar Race Control, indycarradio.com, the tune-in app and website, XM Channel 205, Sirius Channel 211, Web Channel 970, or the Sirius / XM app
- Indy Lights races will be available for viewing in the USA with the purchase of the NBC Gold IndyCar Package
- Outside of the USA, you’ll be able to watch the Indy Lights races on all of the Road To Indy TV app delivery options, Indy Lights YouTube channel, and Road To Indy TV Facebook page
- live timing – Road To Indy TV – Indy Lights – Pro Mazda – USF2000 – IndyCar Race Control
- on twitter – TSO Ladder – Team Cooper Tire – Road To Indy TV – Indy Lights – Indy Pro 2000 – USF2000
- on all social media channels via the #TeamCooperTire and #RoadToIndy hashtags