By Diane Swintal
It’s an action-packed schedule for the Road to Indy Presented by Cooper Tires today, with qualifying and two races for both the Cooper Tires USF2000 Championship and the Indy Pro 2000 Championship Presented by Cooper Tires, and practice for Indy Lights Presented by Cooper Tires.
USF2000 and Indy Pro 2000 will have one qualifying session which will determine the race one grid. The race two grid will be determined by the second-quickest lap in qualifying or the quickest race lap, whichever is faster.
In USF2000, Pabst Racing’s Myles Rowe leads Cape Motorsports’ Michael d’Orlando by 23 points, and teammate Jace Denmark by 25 points. Denmark is the only driver who has experience at Portland, having done a Formula Ford session here two weeks ago. Rowe topped the late-afternoon practice session yesterday, while Rowe and Denmark split the two test sessions. D’Orlando missed the official practice session due to damage from an incident that occurred late in the second test session.
In Indy Pro 2000, Exclusive Autosport’s Louis Foster needs only to finish 11th to secure the championship title. He leads Juncos Hollinger Racing’s Reece Gold by 77 points, but Gold led both test sessions and the practice session yesterday – though Foster was close behind in all three sessions.
- 9:00 a.m. USF2000 qualifying
- 9:55 a.m. Indy Pro 2000 qualifying
- 11:20 a.m. USF2000 race one (25 laps or 45 minutes)
- 12:20 p.m. Indy Pro 2000 race one (30 laps or 50 minutes)
- 1:25 p.m. Indy Lights practice
- 1:40 p.m. USF2000 autograph session (Fan Village)
- 4:00 p.m. USF2000 race two (25 laps or 45 minutes)
- 5:00 p.m. Indy Pro 2000 race two (30 laps or 50 minutes)